When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot PXN10E Super Competition (1980?)

-

Amanda Reckonwith

Look Ma, No Hands!
Finished this up as a restoration project (with some functional changes to the running gear) a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing on the year, because some of the original components that came with it lean in that direction. Some changes are the Campagnolo derailleurs and the retro-friction shifters. Built the wheels with Campy hubs to match the derailleurs.

It's what you'd call a quick handling bike. Short wheel base, and very responsive frame angles.

DSCF6575.JPG
DSCF6576.JPG
DSCF6577.JPG
DSCF6526.JPG
DSCF6527.JPG
DSCF6528.JPG

Beautiful bike and nice job cleaning it up. I’ve always admired these and this color in particular. Did you have to modify drop out to accept campagnolo RD? If yes is it reversible still in able to accept Simplex RD? Is the saddle still ideale 2001? If yes, how do you like it?

"Did you have to modify drop out to accept campagnolo RD?"

By the time they made this frame, they were using a more standard dropout arrangement as far as the stop goes. I might have had to tap it with 10mmx1 threading, but I honestly don't recall now. Regardless , it's still easy to run a standard Simplex derailleur on that dropout, and no one will see the threading inside of it. 😉

Back