When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot PY-10 (???)...Just Got It...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I picked this up late this morning, along with a Bianchi and two new Chiorda Edmondi's. I'll Post on those later at some point, but here's the Peugeot. I THINK it's a PY-10...1976 ish? I'll let the experts let me know how close I am.

I got a text from a guy last night (who I had purchased the yellow Sprite from) to ask me if I had any interest in some old bikes in his Grandmother's basement. They've been there, he said, for probably over 30 years when his Grandfather bought bikes from a shop that was closing. These were what he had left (and a few more) and they've sat ever since. I might go back...😛

Missing a brake pad, and mismatched wheels (Super Competition should be the original) it seems to be all there. The color is Silver, but the light was going down just now when I took the photos, so it appears a bit blue.

Anyway, here we go...

IMG_6450.jpeg

IMG_6451.jpeg

IMG_6452.jpeg

IMG_6453.jpeg

IMG_6454.jpeg

IMG_6455.jpeg

IMG_6456.jpeg

IMG_6457.jpeg

IMG_6458.jpeg

IMG_6459.jpeg

IMG_6460.jpeg

IMG_6461.jpeg

IMG_6463.jpeg

IMG_6464.jpeg

-----

had a '76 PY-10 come through; the example here was the deep blue flambouyant finish

front wheel an economy replacement

pedals Lyotrad 45CA

bottle cage Allara/Al-e

spoke protector not original

otherwise appears all original

will look forward to seeing the other fellers in this batch

-----

-----

had a '76 PY-10 come through; the example here was the deep blue flambouyant finish

front wheel an economy replacement

pedals Lyotrad 45CA

bottle cage Allara/Al-e

spoke protector not original

otherwise appears all original

will look forward to seeing the other fellers in this batch

-----
Go to "Sunday's Show And Tell"... I showed them on there. 😃

-----

"Anyone have an idea as to what these went for when new?"

1977 magazine article on the Peugeot USA operation based in Gardena California mentions that the MSRP for a U08 was one hundred sixty-four USD

would extrapolate from that the PY would have been between three and three fifty...guesstimate 😉

1702916680991.png

1702916761256.png

1702916839967.png

1702916910065.png

---

the blue example had here purchased in cream puff condition about 1980 for between one and one quarter and one and one fifty and sold some weeks later for about three hundreds

keep in mind those are the dollars of over forty years back...

(has been over forty yar so the numbers have grown a bit indistinct in me fuzzy "braine")

-----

Last edited:
-----

"Anyone have an idea as to what these went for when new?"

1977 magazine article on the Peugeot USA operation based in Gardena California mentions that the MSRP for a U08 was one hundred sixty-four USD

would extrapolate from that the PY would have been between three and three fifty...guesstimate 😉

View attachment 1956345

View attachment 1956346

View attachment 1956347

View attachment 1956348

---

the blue example had here purchased in cream puff condition about 1980 for between one and one quarter and one and one fifty and sold some weeks later for about three hundreds

-----
Thanks again Roger!! And the magazine cover...the address is the next town over from me, lol. New Hyde Park, NY.

Last edited:
-----

correction -

pedals

the OEM pedal for this machine is the Lyotard 45CA

someone has switched the pedals between the Gimondi and this cycle

the OEM pedal for the Gimondi was the Sheffield model Corsa Nr. 655

Sheffield Corsa Nr. 655   .jpg

Sheffield Corsa Nr. 655 pedal  .jpg

the Lyotard model 45CA -

Lyotard model 45CA pedal .jpg

Lyotard 45CA pedal  .jpg

this transfer would not have been a problem if both sets had been of the same thread
the Lyotard are metric thread with a pitch diameter of 14mm

the Sheffield are BSC/ISO thread with a pitch diameter of 9/16"

metric is the smaller size so it can be started in a 9/16" threaded crank arm

9/16" pedal, being larger, will quickly bind if inserted into a metric threaded crank arm

there are two possibilities on the Peugeot:

a) someone has employed a giant cheater bar to force a 9/16" spindle into a metric pedal thread; should this be the case you shall require a similarly large cheater bar to extract them

b) someone has tapped out the pedal threads on the Peugeot's crank arms to the 9/16" size

---

Lyotard model 45CA pedals mounted to Gimondi -

1703177887407.png

1703178004348.png

when withdrawn from the Gimondi the Lyotards will feel like they are almost going to "fall out" as the spindles are of smaller diameter than the holes for them in the crank arms

---

Sheffield pedal on Peugeot:

1703179523712.png

note the rusty cage; the Sheffields have steel cages and the Lyotards have alloy

-----

Last edited:
Back