When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot Qs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
This Peugeot is FS near me. I asked for the model and year but the seller doesn’t know. Also, is that a pump on the downtube? Just wondering if it’s worth the effort to go look at.
I know the hubs usually have the year stamped.

3a34366b5ae372bcbae41346fca6ce49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-----

The latest the bicycle could be is 1971 due to early type Simplex QR skewers and absence of Nervar chrome chainguard.

The handlebar stem is a replacement.

Model appears to be UO8.

If the shift levers are white Delrin (difficult to tell due to lo-res image) that moves it back into the mid-60's.

The Normandy Sport model hubs were not dated at this time. Neither were the bicycle's Simplex gears nor RIGIDA SUPERCHROMIX rims. Simplex and Rigida dating first begins ~1971.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Edit -

Forgot to answer question regarding frame pump. It is an AFA (Poutrait-Morin) white plastic frame pump which has been consumer decorated with tape. Model number is 832 -

AFA:Zefal catalogue page .jpg

-----

Last edited:
-----

The latest the bicycle could be is 1971 due to early type Simplex QR skewers and absence of Nervar chrome chainguard.

The handlebar stem is a replacement.

Model appears to be UO8.

If the shift levers are white Delrin (difficult to tell due to lo-res image) that moves it back into the mid-60's.

The Normandy Sport model hubs were not dated at this time. Neither were the bicycle's Simplex gears nor RIGIDA SUPERCHROMIX rims. Simplex and Rigida dating first begins ~1971.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Edit -

Forgot to answer question regarding frame pump. It is an AFA (Poutrait-Morin) white plastic frame pump which has been consumer decorated with tape. Model number is 832 -

View attachment 832697

-----

Guess it’s from the 60s.

e846a322b1e621bacf215bf0f25a2e9d.jpg

-----

Thank you for the additional image.

Can see now pump not model 832.

Suspect it not a Poutrait-Morin product.

The white Delrin front clamp piece on the cycle's Prestige front mech is also consistent with this dating.

Possible rear mech may contain white Delrin also. It will be no later than model 537 in any event. Will exhibit grey plastic covers over the springs.

-----

Thanks Juvela. I looked on Sheldon Browns site and didn’t find much on Peugeots. What do you think it’s value is if it was cleaned up and tuned?

Thanks Juvela. I looked on Sheldon Browns site and didn’t find much on Peugeots. What do you think it’s value is if it was cleaned up and tuned?

-----

It is a fortunate find in such excellent state.

Reminds me of some of the wonderful finds Fred has been getting in heronland.

Will clean up easily and look great in no time.

Would expect that when done it might yield something in the range of two hundreds of simolianis.

Me sense is that its nativity resideth in the MCMLXV_LXVII fenetre.

Should you wish to find additional information you could look through the print materials housed at http://www.bikeboompeugeot.com/

-----

Last edited:
Back