When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot UO-8...I Think...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
My wife and I just got back from driving to Virginia to visit friends who moved there just last year. He's one of my bet friends from High School, and I was Best Man at his wedding all those years ago (crazy how time flies!).

While there I noticed he still had his bike he bought new while we were in High School. His son used it a bit while in Med School, but didn't need it anymore. So he told me he was going to get rid of it...😯. I told him I'd buy it from him, but he didn't want anything for it (I paid him anyway). So, back to Long Island it came. I had actually detailed it for him about 15 years ago and added new tape, which has held up quite well. Now it's time for another detailing, and a new derailleur of which I think I have. This will go next to my late brother-in-laws PX-10 in the same color (also the original owner and I did a Post on it a while ago). Pretty cool. 😃

I believe it's a UO-8, as there are many models of which I can't discern the difference. So if it's not, please let me know.

IMG_2267.jpeg

IMG_2268.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

IMG_2282.jpeg

IMG_2283.jpeg

I think UO-8 is correct. Do you know what year this is? Beautiful condition and beautiful color.

-----

yes to UO8

earliest date could be 1972 because of the presence of the NERVAR chrome chainguard

the Lyotard model 36R pedals with integral reflectors came a whisker later

pretty much has to be about 1973

spots to check for date markings:

backside of Simplex Prestige model 637 AR rear gear mech

underside of the body of the Simplex Prestige front gear mech

small diamond symbol on Rigida SUPERCHROMIX wheel rims

[ these markings not always present; their absence does not mean anything amiss ]

-----

Last edited:
@juvela I just spoke to my friend about the year he bought it. He had his first UO-8 stolen before we graduated in 1970 (which I had forgotten about), so this one was purchased later during College which now makes sense with the years you spoke of. I'll do further checking when I begin the detailing of it. 🙂

Just got off the phone with my friend who was the original owner. He seems to remember riding the bike to NYIT in the Spring and Fall of 71-72. 🤨

Congrats on another cool bike Harpo. The UO8’s ride nice. The Ideale 39 is a better saddle then the Agda that often came on these. I have a couple of both and the 39 seems to have survived better. There is a site on Peugeot that has a lot of info. I will try to post that also.

@bikerbluz Thanks for the info! When I get it finished, I'll take some photos next to the PX-10. They're both the same color, and might even be the same year. 🙂

I do have an extra front derailleur, complete. Also one with a better, shiny, outer chrome that I will substitute to make it look better once both are polished. 😎

IMG_2303.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg

Back