When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

phantom ? and wasp ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nick tures

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
can anyone help me identify these ? nfs i think its a 1957 phantom 26'' and a 24'' wasp ? both look to be red underneath

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

That springer is an "Old Style" which means it's of 1954-1949, so it could be 52-0r 3. Yet B/C 26 springer can fit any 45-60's frame.

That Junior 24" frame with a matching chain guard to fit a Jr would have S2 wheels so, it could be a Wasp yet in Jr size, unlike 26" size where and extra heavy X mark is found. A Jr may not have that heavy mark B/C 24" Wasp frame with/for S2's would be heavy as is. Yet, but and so, like many Schwinn's it could be any model unless you can find the model's name under the paint.

JR 24" Chain Guard is smaller than a 26" guard. However, depending on the date of its frame, that chain guard may fit most any 24" frame. "May", as if it's a Wasp then in 1955 similar frames were fit as middle weights and S7 wheels but not Wasps. I mean, even a wasp may have same as middle weight, but with S2 wheels and though,, your Jr guard will most likely fit on the newer frames too.

The wheels on the Jr don't look like S2, but I can't tell for sure. . U gonna have a bunch of stuff to buy if these bikes turn out to be what U think they are. Keep getting the house paint off to save original paint and be very carful to reveal any decals or at least fragments of them to too see.

I mean, most all Schwinn bike part are interchangeable so, unless special paint like Phantom, you can stick a chain guard decal of any model and that's what it is.

Oh yeah BTW, in all instances that I have seen, in 24" models, the chain guard decal is also smaller than a 26" I.E. Maximum extra care to expose the decal B/C you may never find one the right size. In the after market retail category, nobody has ever reproduced em for Jr guards like a Wasp would have.

Last edited:
thanks for the help yeah the smaller bike has clean s-2 rims 24'' i am going to try and get the paint back and see what i got Nick

P
thanks for the help yeah the smaller bike has clean s-2 rims 24'' i am going to try and get the paint back and see what i got Nick
Pretty danged hard to find a boy 24" Wasp but, here's a post in the CABE of an original 54 Girl Wasp that, in essence, is all the correct parts, saddle and paint scheme yours should have. And U is lucky to have a set of 24" S2's but I believe regardless of what catalogs may show, also optioned in Chrome too . Notice the fender tips: Those are older Chevron style compared to 50's Balloon 26" models, Chevron is 40/50's 20 and 24" Jr Ballooner fender tips paint scheme. Your red badge prob means yours is or was originally red.
img_9633-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty danged hard to find a boy 24" Wasp but, here's a post in the CABE of an original 54 Girl Wasp that, in essence, is all the correct parts, saddle and paint scheme yours should have. And U is lucky to have a set of 24" S2's but I believe regardless of what catalogs may show, also optioned in Chrome too . Notice the fender tips: Those are older Chevron style compared to 50's Balloon 26" models, Chevron is 40/50's 20 and 24" Jr Ballooner fender tips paint scheme. Your red badge prob means yours is or was originally red.

i am going to try and get the paint off, i got them as pictures so not sure what was used to get it off, you have any good methods or anyone else ? thanks for the help Nick

Back