When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Mutation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
unpacked boxes full of parts today, assembled most of the bike to arrange or see what it actually looks like, have had a few more upgrades since last entry, Schwinn Feather Guard, and blocks for my Magna Pedals, great to recive both recently, Wingo hubs bought here on cabe, and sent in to be chromed. dogleg crank AS 36, chain ring is listed in the 1917 Schwinn Catalog on a World Truss Frame Model No. 1758, seat post is a Schwinn stingray extra length with a fabricated bracket to hold a NOS Persons 337 glass reflector behind and underneath the seat, and a raised AS seat post clamp, frame is a BA-107, so I came across a yellow 1948 license plate with the tin strap, below a frame mounted pearsons 337 Reflector, seat tube has a Baillys Super Pump which I liked and is held by frame clamps, Schwinn original horn tank that has been chromed but still needs to be painted, Truss rods are solid and heavy duty custom, NOS Steer tube, pivot bolt modified for motorcycle side lights, S2 Schwinn rims both have expansion drum brakes, valve caps are motorcycle, seat is a 49 pan, whizzer spring, A.S. bolts replaced by custom cone design with uranium front reflectors mimicing Schwinn front fender bomb, above springer is a Radsonne triple light, handelbars possibly NOS before I had them rechromed 1930 era, wtwoith a 32" width, non scripted brake handles, Wald cross bar rechromed with custom brackets, a Go-Light will be mounted on top in center (not shown) red and green wald reflectors on each end, Cycletruck Stem with Rowdy horns on both sides of stem, chrome bezels have not been reattached until painting is completed, brackets have been cadium platted, a Golden Meteor speedometer on the left, right side a bicycle Thermometer and a Du Page bicycle compass 1950s, next a Seiss hand crank siren 30s, pre war paperboy duck reflectors, and another handlebar mount Seiss hand crank racket horn, today just getting a visual on arrangements, still have other assorries to consider. more to come from fabricators, photos are kind of dark bad lighting today sorry,View attachment 1053281

View attachment 1053282

View attachment 1053284

View attachment 1053287

View attachment 1053288

View attachment 1053289

View attachment 1053292

View attachment 1053293

View attachment 1053294

View attachment 1053295

View attachment 1053296

View attachment 1053297

View attachment 1053298

View attachment 1053299

View attachment 1053300

View attachment 1053303

View attachment 1053304

View attachment 1053305

View attachment 1053306

View attachment 1053283
THAT BIKE IS SICK! Like a rolling party.

unpacked boxes full of parts today, assembled most of the bike to arrange or see what it actually looks like, have had a few more upgrades since last entry, Schwinn Feather Guard, and blocks for my Magna Pedals, great to recive both recently, Wingo hubs bought here on cabe, and sent in to be chromed. dogleg crank AS 36, chain ring is listed in the 1917 Schwinn Catalog on a World Truss Frame Model No. 1758, seat post is a Schwinn stingray extra length with a fabricated bracket to hold a NOS Persons 337 glass reflector behind and underneath the seat, and a raised AS seat post clamp, frame is a BA-107, so I came across a yellow 1948 license plate with the tin strap, below a frame mounted pearsons 337 Reflector, seat tube has a Baillys Super Pump which I liked and is held by frame clamps, Schwinn original horn tank that has been chromed but still needs to be painted, Truss rods are solid and heavy duty custom, NOS Steer tube, pivot bolt modified for motorcycle side lights, S2 Schwinn rims both have expansion drum brakes, valve caps are motorcycle, seat is a 49 pan, whizzer spring, A.S. bolts replaced by custom cone design with uranium front reflectors mimicing Schwinn front fender bomb, above springer is a Radsonne triple light, handelbars possibly NOS before I had them rechromed 1930 era, wtwoith a 32" width, non scripted brake handles, Wald cross bar rechromed with custom brackets, a Go-Light will be mounted on top in center (not shown) red and green wald reflectors on each end, Cycletruck Stem with Rowdy horns on both sides of stem, chrome bezels have not been reattached until painting is completed, brackets have been cadium platted, a Golden Meteor speedometer on the left, right side a bicycle Thermometer and a Du Page bicycle compass 1950s, next a Seiss hand crank siren 30s, pre war paperboy duck reflectors, and another handlebar mount Seiss hand crank racket horn, today just getting a visual on arrangements, still have other assorries to consider. more to come from fabricators, photos are kind of dark bad lighting today sorry,View attachment 1053281

View attachment 1053282

View attachment 1053284

View attachment 1053287

View attachment 1053288

View attachment 1053289

View attachment 1053292

View attachment 1053293

View attachment 1053294

View attachment 1053295

View attachment 1053296

View attachment 1053297

View attachment 1053298

View attachment 1053299

View attachment 1053300

View attachment 1053303

View attachment 1053304

View attachment 1053305

View attachment 1053306

View attachment 1053283
I can't see the tank very well. Are you going to paint it or leave it chrome?

View attachment 1053282

View attachment 1053284

View attachment 1053287

View attachment 1053288

View attachment 1053289

View attachment 1053292

View attachment 1053293

View attachment 1053294

View attachment 1053295

View attachment 1053296

View attachment 1053297

View attachment 1053298

View attachment 1053299

View attachment 1053300

View attachment 1053303

View attachment 1053304

View attachment 1053305

View attachment 1053306

View attachment 1053283
I left off left handle so you could view the extensions, I believe the width of the bars are 32" across, will show fenders and assorries later, the front of the tank (top) will be left chromed, rest will be a special red and frame black, fenders black with red color design pinstripes but more detail, chain guard emblem will be a black background with a red logo of a bio-hazard emblem, seat tube will have a red background and a black logo of a bio-hazard emblem where the Schwinn insignia would be, it's the headbadge that's killer! horn tank will have script but haven't decided on design, hold up on rear rack , and waiting on fender braces which will be cadium plated......once fenders are on it will make it come together but still have wiring to figure and details to finish,

Last edited:
Very cool! It's like a pee wee herman bike on steroids, lol. If I could do everything on a bike what would that be? Now I know! Really nice custom build, I'm enjoying watching it all come together.

Very cool! It's like a pee wee herman bike on steroids, lol. If I could do everything on a bike what would that be? Now I know! Really nice custom build, I'm enjoying watching it all come together.
I should of went with the pee wee herman theme, it would of been cheaper haha, it's not my fault, cabe members keep listing cool stuff to buy with no limit on purchases, my ex-wife use to use the same excuse with my credit card,

I should of went with the pee wee herman theme, it would of been cheaper haha, it's not my fault, cabe members keep listing cool stuff to buy with no limit on purchases, my ex-wife use to use the same excuse with my credit card,
I cant imagine what you have spent on chrome! Thankfully my girl doesn't have a problem with my bicycle addiction, in fact she is very supportive of it.

I cant imagine what you have spent on chrome! Thankfully my girl doesn't have a problem with my bicycle addiction, in fact she is very supportive of it.
ya, well I thought like that as well for a time until she went out into the garage that you couldn't park a car in because of my hobbies, "honey" she would say, setting a trap for me, "is that another bike in the garage"? why no, (in a calm voice) that one was in the back and I've moved it to the front, " and what about the two hanging from the hooks"? as im thinking of options......it comes to me just LIE...that's it! then later I can rearrange them, What? those old bikes, why they've been hanging there forever it seems, as dark as it is in here im surprised you could even see them. "well tell me this" she says, "I was out here yesterday and took photos of the garage, and you notice in the photos the two bikes weren't there as well as these other three in front of the washer" oh,....ya well...there not mine, they belong to a friend and aaah he'll be over soon to get them. "is this the same friends wife that asked about these bikes and told him to get rid of them because their garage is full of bikes and there's no more space"? Oh crap I didn't have a answer to tell her, all I said was "huh"? next day at work I heard from my friend that a donation truck showed up at his house and cleaned out most of his bikes and other belongings, and then at my house, I was out the door before he finished talking, it was true as I drove past my house there was my wife talking to my friends wife in front of the house with the garage door open which I thought could never be opened, and no bikes. ya it's true, I kept alot of bikes in the garage but they were for parts or trading and just a plain diversion for the good bikes I kept locked away in the tool shed, hahaha, my wife always asked why the lawn mower and garden tools were never put away in the shed? my advice, have a plan "B" and get yourself a tool shed......

Last edited:
My girl goes with me to get the bikes, I gotta keeper. We are not married, if she got sick of me she would be free to go whenever she wished. That's why it works, I include her in everything I do. I build her bikes as well, buy her sewing machines etc. She is a maker just like me, our hobbies work together. She loves a roadtrip to go get something, flea markets, auctions, swap meets. If any woman I was with ever got rid of anything of mine I would get rid of her in a heartbeat. I divorced a miserable controlling woman before, I wont go down that road again. But my Betty and i just click, it's always been that way. I dont have to hide anything and neither does she.

your
My girl goes with me to get the bikes, I gotta keeper. We are not married, if she got sick of me she would be free to go whenever she wished. That's why it works, I include her in everything I do. I build her bikes as well, buy her sewing machines etc. She is a maker just like me, our hobbies work together. She loves a roadtrip to go get something, flea markets, auctions, swap meets. If any woman I was with ever got rid of anything of mine I would get rid of her in a heartbeat. I divorced a miserable controlling woman before, I wont go down that road again. But my Betty and i just click, it's always been that way. I dont have to hide anything and neither does she.
that's the way it should be, I lost my bikes at the time, cars, jewelry etc...no more controlling people in my life, and with bikes finding there way here again, I get to have fun again no more garages!

rear unfinished fender with raspberry reflector monark silver king rear reflector, possibly 47-48 but im guessing, originally had a 2speed kickback with black rings instead of yellow, and this housing looked good and was the veration that has black stripes on top so it was a cool match, things have changed but still intend to use the monark reflector, buff housing, replace plastic reflector and repaint stripes, rear fender will also have spikes where the fender brace would of gone, Higgins rack with rear chrome assorrie and a change out of the plastic dome reflectors for a red glass replacement and an added light behind the red glass that will light it up at night,
20190831_175158.jpg

20190831_175302.jpg

20190831_174023.jpg

20190831_174054.jpg

20190831_174556.jpg

20190831_174619.jpg

20190831_174111.jpg

Back