When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Mutation

-
Sure I think it's great that you're having so much fun with it!
have a few more things coming, delta switch, springer bolts which will look really cool because of the uranium reflectors, the braces are original and off a shelby super airflow, last challenge is the rear higgins rack, lost one but came into another from trade, I think im going to try a black paint that looks like Vantablack with Blood Red highlights, can't show the headbadge right now but I know it will really be different......

Last edited:
Yep it saddens me of all “our” history as a once thriving nation that the few want to spend our time and lots of our dollars to spend on restoring bicycles and motorcycles and watch as everything is leaving our country that it is troubling to me as well! I’ve lived long enough to see the shift in importing of goods that aren’t worth the tax we pay for them let alone the asking price! I applaud your work and your vision on the creation of your efforts! Can’t wait to see it finished! Bravo!!

You have taken Bells and Whistles to the next level! Pee Wee Herman couldn't even have imagined all that!
it's not my fault, I blame Cabe members for encouraging and adding to my buying addictions, and other weaknesses that I can't say no too, Cabe members have exposed me to vintage bicycles and assorries, knowing that in my weakened condition I couldn't stop using paypal, and the cycle never stops because their always listing more and more great stuff, and I can't go to the administrator for help because, he sells me really nice stuff as well. I freely admit that no member has pressured me into buying anything, But offering me great deals and payment options, so really what am I suppose to do? can't say no! don't want to hurt anybody's feeling Right? ok enough of my crap, this project has changed at least six times because my son was adding his input into it, at the same time I was and still am dealing with machine shops and fabrications, then as things progressed my son basiclly dropped it in my lap, kept a few of the old concepts, added some new, and up graded in others, then it got crazier because I saw items or designs I liked and thought why not? I'll tell you why not $$$. $$ plus I like to experiment which will show in up coming photos, pee wee Herman huh? remember his little dog speck? well heres a photo of my little dog and her name is Halo, she rides in the basket,
20190817_174944.jpg

20190817_174953.jpg

I have on a pink schwinn beach cruiser of all things, ( pink bike is only temporary)........I do have other bikes from Bob U.

hubs, sta
I have a match pair of high grade triple chrome S2 26' schwinn rims with SS spokes, originally I used a 2 speed yellow 3 ring kickback hub, changed the color from yellow to black to go with theme, changed my mind in finding a rear schwinn expansion brake and swapped them out, better choice for my build, went with high pressure smooth rolling modern tires,View attachment 1046899

View attachment 1046900

View attachment 1046901

View attachment 1046902

View attachment 1046908

View attachment 1046910

Hey did you use the 2 speed hub on the rear of this bike? If so what size spokes did you use for the S 2 wheel? And who did you use for chrome plating? Not too many places left doing chrome plating? Thanks

Hey did you use the 2 speed hub on the rear of this bike? If so what size spokes did you use for the S 2 wheel? And who did you use for chrome plating? Not too many places left doing chrome plating? Thanks
did not use the 2 speed kickback, went with a schwinn rear expansion drum brake, have chrome done by a friend of mine, im in san diego county. used the 10 5/8" length spoke.

Back