When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom or Panther Reproduction Fenders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Phattiremike

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I purchase fenders years ago for a phantom project which never came together. I'm working on my 55-57 red phantom who's fenders are in need of chrome. I thought I'd use the repo fenders but they do not line up, at front fender the fork and truss rods slid up but I'm not close to where I would bolt the fender down by a few inches??? What did I buy, is there a difference in phantom fenders versus panthers?

-Mike

C6167E1D-C145-434A-B3F1-5037FFF230A8.jpeg

84FFA075-54CD-4159-A755-22012EBF270D.jpeg

7950BB70-A5C7-4098-BBC0-A43E60BE93DB.jpeg

C5632ED7-4E32-467C-A820-3719821644FA.jpeg

The difference is in the springfork used. Your fork is the later style.
The repo fenders are for the earlier style fork, also used on the Anniversary Phantoms.

The hole on top of the fender won’t line up with the screw head in the base of the fork, it’s off by a few inches at least?

Here’s a picture stacked on top of each other.

D448A58C-2EC0-4B18-A83C-1B9DD72375DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Your reproduction fender is designed to fit this style fork, not the fork on your bike.

The pivot on the pictured bike is not in the fork. The fender bolts to a small bracket that slips over the pivot bolt. That bracket sits farther back than the actual fork.

Well that stinks. Punching a new hole in the fender and then finding something to fill the existing hole is all that's needed? Just swap out the fork. :p

Your reproduction fender is designed to fit this style fork, not the fork on your bike.
View attachment 1231456

The pivot on the pictured bike is not in the fork. The fender bolts to a small bracket that slips over the pivot bolt. That bracket sits farther back than the actual fork.
I’m told turning the pivot bolt may solve the problem?

Back