When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom original or repaint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

75 Bronco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Thinking about buying this phantom. Seller has had it indoors for 30 years and believes it to be original paint. Please look at pics and let me know what you think. Paint chip around drop out seems to reveal bare metal not red primer. Got some good advice so far ; to ask owner to clean/degrease/wax that area to see what it reveals. Very clean bike otherwise. I’m aware seat is a recovery. Thank you

C2A38AE8-B588-4102-AD35-EE35AFFBEFC7.jpeg

E3E1BD1A-7584-47D5-A1AF-00D02D2F2FE6.jpeg

01B83FE7-61D9-4BE7-BC21-C614B621EFBE.jpeg

9B986848-19B8-436F-AB1A-741CA822FCED.jpeg

Looks original to me, a scratch 90 percent of the time goes deeper than the primer and goes straight to metal

I'm thinking a repaint on the frame. Oxide primer would show around the edges of scrapes between paint & bare metal. Schwinn didn't paint serial numbers. Just my observation....

I believe that is wax residue in the serial numbers--not paint. V/r Shawn

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I tend to ensure all wax is removed during a detailing. Perhaps this is true of the scraped areas as well. (Hope to be able to look at new top tube pic soon. Can't see any pics since the switch.)

Photos gone after up-grade. Regardless, it all looks good; Pins on frame and chain guard appear to be painted correctly. I doubt rear rack is original so I'd question the brake light. . Of course the seat is not original but, those fenders don't match the bike. For the apparent condition of this, ya gotta wonder why they're all dull?

Here is a pic of the top tube. Next to the deep scratch is a small chip that reveals red primer. Seller also said there is more small paint chips/scrapes that also show red underneath. I agree with the dull fenders.. seller thinks they are not that dull in person.

8103E808-CD2D-42C6-9A4E-692BC900A92B.jpeg

1117B4FB-CF57-45EE-9175-4E7BE1836859.jpeg

Very nice! Good to see that red oxide primer. :cool: Looks good even if it were a repaint but agree with the others that this is original. Excellent!

Back