When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom project?

-

schwinnlax

Finally riding a big boys bike
Opinions on this Phantom as a project?? These are the only pictures I have. Best I can make out serial number is C54102, but hard to tell from the picture. Opinions on value as is?

you are buying a frame fork and seat pan.
frame 100 range value
fork 150-200 with key
seat pan 50 range

thats the math there.....

200 would be a good deal... then the money pit parts search begins

Thanks for the comments. I doubt I would do a full restore on this. I'd put a chain on, and look for a guard and probably repro or generic chrome heavyweight fenders. I don't currently have a springer fork bike. I had a '58 Deluxe Hornet for a while, but sold that. I always found it fun to ride, but a hassle to haul around. Something like this would be just for fun.

With what's there, do all the parts look correct and original?

Just looked at e-bay prices on parts. Yikes, correct repro fenders and tank would be around $500 - and then you’d still have to paint the tank correctly, add decals, paint the front light... next is chair guard, rear rack, light, etc. etc. :(

I purchased my 53 Phantom from Dan when he was selling his collection before he moved across the country. He spent some serious time and I'm sure quite a lot of $'s bringing it back to life. There is no way that I could build one up for the sales price on this.

Back