When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Reference Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1959 appears to have chrome clamp and post but cad fender braces on this one

Screenshot_20220920-160949.png

Screenshot_20220920-161001.png

I know this is an older thread, but maybe we can bring it back. I think my question was answered by the @schwinnderella post.

Did Schwinn chrome the fender braces and seat post for the Phantom?
I can't speak to the late phantoms 55-59 because I don't have any experience with those, but I know earlier Phantoms 49-54 had cad fender braces, cad seat posts, and cad seat post clamps. @bobcycles would know on the later Phantoms.
Also, perhaps someone who has an original later Phantom and who knows can speak up.

I can't speak to the late phantoms 55-59 because I don't have any experience with those, but I know earlier Phantoms 49-54 had cad fender braces, cad seat posts, and cad seat post clamps. @bobcycles would know on the later Phantoms.
Also, perhaps someone who has an original later Phantom and who knows can speak up.
From all the showing examples that I’ve seen and had, the 1962 models were the first Schwinns to have chrome fender braces, chrome seat post clamp, chrome seat post and chrome kickstand.

Here’s a tougher question. Are the bottom bracket bearings cups a little larger? Is the Schwinn print on the bearing cups a larger font?

95CD9B7D-C331-4CB9-AF23-CF1C113B3F53.jpeg

Back