When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Tank Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hammer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Ok I was looking at a few repo tanks for my Phantom, and the ones I am seeing do not have horns as I hoped they would, just a button cover thingy, I'm wondering can you add a horn to these? Thanks for the insight!

Aaron

20180605_214258.jpg

20180605_214321.jpg

Yes it should be the same hole pattern. Just remove the fake and add the real horn.

Thanks for the info, after I get done laughing at the last post, I'm gonna keep researching the horns, I'd really like an original tank, but these may have to do

Aaron

Thanks for the info, after I get done laughing at the last post, I'm gonna keep researching the horns, I'd really like an original tank, but these may have to do

Aaron
I'd hold out for an original. One will pop up. You could also get an original in any color and just repaint the inserts and distress it slightly to match your bike. Of course you would also need decals and a pinstripe added as well. Just be careful that you don't get a 3spd Jag tank--has a notch for the cable at the front. V/r Shawn

I'd hold out for an original. One will pop up. You could also get an original in any color and just repaint the inserts and distress it slightly to match your bike. Of course you would also need decals and a pinstripe added as well. Just be careful that you don't get a 3spd Jag tank--has a notch for the cable at the front. V/r Shawn

That's what I am really wanting to do, a nice shiny new tank just wont match the bike to me, it will always stick out, I'd rather have a nice original that better matches the patina of the bike, it a not mint or nice really but it is not junk, I just don't really see a lot of parts for them pop up

Aaron

Last edited:
you'll find them. Its a black phantom, a lot of them are out there.

Red & green would be a little harder due to my experience.

Back