When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phillips Celtonia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rennfaron

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Anyone know anything about a Phillips Celtonia. I am going to guess it is an early 50s judging by the brake levers, saddle and pedals.

The only thing I found online was here.

s-l1600 (10).jpg

Thanks @juvela. I saw those components under the same name, but haven't really found anything about the actual bike. It seems like the components came after the early 50s celtonia.

-----

does cycle exhibit the distinctive Phillips headset with floating u-races?

-----

-----

if/when you are able to repack HS and BB you may be able to learn more from markings on steerer and centre section of spindle

---

btw - tried searching at retrobike uk forum, as you may have done as well, only for the search engine there to state that the word has never been posted(!)

for fun, tried searching in german and dutch without success. searching in french generates returns but only because of the french brand of saddle with the name

methinketh ye ha' something rather rara avis there

-----

Last edited:
They produced a whole range of parts under the "Celtonia" banner from pre WW2 times, including pedals, hubs and handlebars.
Your rear hub should have a date on it and is a reliable way of dating the bicycle.It should be a Sturmey Archer hub.
Here are some of the "Celtonia" pedals available in the 1939 catalogue.....

And some bars.....

As @juvela has mentioned, information seems difficult to find. This 1939 catalogue is almost all of the information in the UK V-CC library.

"Celtonia" was just one of 'Phillips' product brands, others included "Philco" and "Credenza".

If your looking for age , late 1960s to early 70s after the TI takeover, it looks like my 69 raleigh. The frame angles don't say early 50s to me.
Photo not mine , just one off of google
Edit: keep scrolling
raleigh-superbe.jpg

Last edited:
Back