When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

phillips double bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cadillacbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Would any one know about what year this phillips bike is.
buster va beach 008.jpg
buster va beach 004.jpg
buster va beach 002.jpg
buster va beach 003.jpg
Thanks Kevin

Its prewar. What kind of hub does it have in the back? Is it an Eadie? I have a prewar lady's Philips with an early Cyclo derailleur. Maybe we can compare serial numbers.

Looks 1930s to me, with a couple parts swaps perhaps. The seat post and frame pump look like later replacements based on these pictures. Rear forks look stamped rather than forged and brazed. The front is likely the same construction as the back. Looks like it has the simple, "P" cut out lamp bracket. The simple, straight cut lugs look consistent with 1930s as well. The hub may not be very helpful- looks like a single speed rather than an SA Three speed. So I agree with Fat Tire- prewar, probably 30s if I had to take a stab. Phillips is not my strong suit and we seem to have less information around about them than Hercules or Raleigh. But 1930s is my guess.

This design is still made in Indian, Pakistan, and China among other places. You may actually be able to use Indian parts as direct replacements.

I have the woman's clone to that bike. I have always estimated the year of mine to be in the 1940's vintage so I would assume yours would be the same. If someone has evidence showing otherwise that can more accurately date this bike I would like to see it.

Forgot to mention- the front brake hardware/stirrup/rod is plated but the rear is black painted, so that too may be replaced.

Last edited:
Back