When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phillips Roadster Rod Brake-Rhode Island

-
Price
Payment Terms
cash
Zipcode

Siestabikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
The owner has passed away and the family wants to sell the bike. Tires should be replaced, not sure if it had a chain guard or not, saddle is in poor condition. Any idea of the approximate year. Pick up only

20190109_110847.jpg

20190109_110838.jpg

20190109_110817.jpg

20190109_110752.jpg

The basic Phillips Birmingham roadster went along with fairly minimal changes for many, many years. I would guess that it's a 1930s-40s era bike. Does it have 26 inch wheels or 28 inch? Phillips offered the traditional roadster in both wheel sizes. The lower-end models did not come with chain guards, particularly in the period before 1950. You'd have to check the frame closely for evidence of chain guard clamps.

Unfortunately, the bike is not mine or at my home so I dont know about wheel size. Hopefully, I can check on chain guard clamps in the near future

Whole bikes don't show in the Philips catalogs till after WW2. before then it was frames, forks and parts. The frame looks like a Credux or Philco from the 39 catalog.
Considering the rear fork. Rear facing dropouts and saddle. my bet is mid 40s.
Looks to be in great shape

Back