When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pick this up yesterday

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kramai88

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I know these bikes aren't worth that much I just have a soft for the old 10 speeds. Got it from the original owner and as he was telling me the story of how he got it as a kid and hated to have to get rid of it he was almost in tears. Told him I was going to clean it up and make it road worthy again so he felt better. Sometimes the story is worth more than the bike.
bf7c688ec92b0a3d5eabe4e1ca594084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice save! These vintage Varsities are great bikes that are underappreciated. In 1969 when I was 15 years old, my parents bought me a brand new, blue Varsity 10 speed. I rode that bike everywhere. I now have a few back in my collection.
Thanks for posting..............Wayne

If I had to buy a ten speed bike that my life depended on it not falling apart or getting damaged over rough roads, It would be a Schwinn Varsity. Most durable ten speed road bike ever made! I have a bunch of them and when I see them for sale I want to buy them, I just have too many to buy anymore.

worth much? not really unless its the right guy.
luckily some of us can still scoop these bike up pretty cheap.
nice find

not worth much are you kidding i have two varsities an 73 capus green and a 75 chestnut they are GREAT bikes there is nothing like them today every time I take one out I get all kinds of complements on how great they look for me my two bikes are way better than any thing built today very
fast bikes and will keep up or beat most of the new bikes BUT my 65 year old legs can't do that on long a stretch

I enjoy my 1977 Lime green Varsity;
77 Varsity Finished.jpg
durable and even survived a bath in Asphalt sealant for 4 years ..I do not think it looks all that bad for living such a hard life.

The only reason they aren't worth much is that Schwinn made umpteen million of them. But if you want a bike to ride, they're better value for the money than anything at Wal-Mart. I picked these up not long ago for $20.00 each. They were on Craigslist and I was evidently the only one who took the trouble to go look at them. They were originally from Mack Cycle in Miami and it looks like they've been together since new.The camelback is probably too short for me but the woman's bike will come in handy when I'm wearing my kilt.

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

Back