When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked this Spyder up yesterday at local flea mkt.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mstovall

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm guessing it's from 1969. Haven't had time to do much research yet. I'm going to try and find out what all is missing besides the seat support. Don't know if the front tire is original or not? Did this bike come with red lines? It has red line pedals. I was surprised it was mostly complete and original. Looks like the surface rust will clean up and the paint is still really good.

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

Nice one...my '69 five speed has Red Line tires...and a repurposed "clacker" for a shift knob..

Check the Sears Wish book for the original ad...the model number in the ad should match the model number stamped on the bike.

snow2.jpg

Spyderad.jpg

Spyderad2.jpg

Spyderad3.jpg

spyderad4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I can't wait to get this restored and start riding it again this spring. We have a social ride every moth in my town we call the taco trek and I try to ride a different bike each month. I have an all chrome spider also and a 1976 Sears Free Spirit MX bike. I'm trying to find some orange plastic fenders that go on it. I got it for Christmas in 1976. It's amazingly all still there except the fenders can't remember what happened to them. Still has the original knobby Tires on it and and the aftermarket speedometer that I added.

Back