When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked this up free on the curb today

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So resetting the pads with a toe in didn't help? I've been lucky and never had a noise problem, yet. I went shopping at Pork Chops BMX last Monday since they were having a once in their lifetime sale, 20% off. I bought 6 pair of the Salmon 6 bump Weinmann replacements and have never before had Kool Stops. Hope I don't have any noise issues.
I've got to play around with them some more, but the initial result was just a change in pitch, from shriller to hoarser. I can't tell if it's the rim that's vibrating or the calipers or both but something's really singing, to the point I was worried that something would vibrate loose. I got sidetracked on a different project the last few days but I'll try some more adjustments this evening.

IMG_0276.JPG
here is my 1973 varsity did some painting a lot of cleaning and modifying its now a 21 speed

Back