When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked this up recently and could use some help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just noticed that the sprocket on the 1932 model is the same as the one on my bike. I suppose it could be a franken-bike due to the rims having valve stem holes in them. Someone could've just put the solid rubber on to make it look older. Need to find a way to date the specific parts and find out which parts are from different years, as this was right before Schwinn revolutionized the industry with the tube tire...

I am. As I said earlier, I took this as trade for some work. Almost $2500 dollars worth of IT work for a local business. The owner offered this cause he wanted to save money. So if I could get close to that (or preferably more) that would be great. Problem is I have no idea what it's worth. I've seen a couple here and there but no real trends in value. Any input would be appreciated.

I have to agree with Catfish the tank looks home made as does the lamp bracket as well as the plate on the seat (looks like a trophy engraving) but the workmanship is very good some one put a lot of time and money into this bike .good luck with the sale

$2500 would be tough to get, my opinion. If the bike had its original paint (yours looks nicely painted), correct saddle and had all the right goodies (tea cup light, rear carrier, head badge, period correct tires, klaxxon horn, crossbraced or period correct handlebars) you may, to the right buyer get $1300 to $1500 for it if it had those parts on it. The tank like Catfish said looks to be a reproduction. Most tooltanks have a bigger opening and have a locking latch. Its a really cool bike and Im sure you wouldnt have a problem selling it. You could sell the battery tube for $200-250, the light $75-100, the saddle $125-150 and the rest of the bike for 600-700. This is my opinion. I would be only interested in the "rest of the bike" or everything besides the battery tube, light, and saddle. Again, this is based upon what I seen as sold in the past.

So let's just assume the tank is a reproduction. I have both fenders with all the supports, and everything else is as you see it. What would be a fair value of it? As if you were to make an offer?

I would be only interested in the "rest of the bike" or everything besides the battery tube, light, and saddle. Whats your email address, lets take this off line.

Here's another link to Schwinn date codes. You can get more info on bikes pre 1948. Here's a paragraph from this site

"On bikes older than 1948 you need to use reference to other, known year bikes,
or pull out the crank to look for a date stamp on it. Doing both is a good idea.
All serial number records before 8/18/1948 were lost in a factory fire."

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/SchwinnCodes1.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back