When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked this up/Varsity questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Awesome bike!! My 60 Continental sports the same derailleurs. Its a pain to adjust the rear derailleur. Mine still shifts pretty klunky but im not sure if thats just as good as it gets or what. I do have a NOS overhaul kit for it tho, maybe ill muster up the courage to break it all down and rebuild it one day.

Another nice bike given a new home by Brian! Thanks for always taking care of us bicycle addicts!

11831318725_d82419013a_c-1.jpg

Nice Conti,A new chain might fix your klunky shifting,that one looks trashed.

That's a nice early Varsity there!
It also still has the very rare aluminum spoke protector

Greg M.
Should mention,that spoke protector is the nicest i,ve ever seen aside from a couple nos protectors a certain member has.has never been touched by the chain.

Congrats Jeff!!
When did they go from the front sprocket set with the 3 ear center to the solid with a bolt on chainring?

Cody,
great looking Continental!!

Congrats Jeff!!
When did they go from the front sprocket set with the 3 ear center to the solid with a bolt on chainring?

Cody,
great looking Continental!!

Mid 61 for the Conti and 1962 for the Varsity. It was fully Huret equipped in 62. ;)

Nice to see you here again Lee.

Attachments

• 1961 Continental Tourist 003 (Large).jpg
    1961 Continental Tourist 003 (Large).jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
My 1961 varsity had a wittkop saddle on it when I got it, its condition matched the rest of the bike and I believe it to be original.

Back