When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up a decent Pea Picker, Diamond in the Rough

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jammer

Finally riding a big boys bike
I usually have no success on online auctions, this one was about an hour from me, just listed as "vintage bike", I think I bought it right. I'm surprised I even found it. I go to the auctioneer's in person auctions occasionally and decided to check out his online offerings.
The paint is real nice, very minimal scratches, the chainguard is excellent. I think the chrome will clean up real good. I need a front hoop, which I have and a tire, which I sold a bunch of lately, the way it goes. Strange how the rest of the bike is in decent condition but someone completely ruined the front rim, very strange. The seat would be nice if it weren't for the one hole, I'll have to put an STP sticker over it for now. It has a nice RWL slik. It might take a few months but I will detail this one to looking like new. It also needs a new front fender, the fender is frogged also.

IMG_9685.JPEG

IMG_9690.JPEG

IMG_9686.JPEG

IMG_9688.JPEG

IMG_9690.JPEG

IMG_9687.JPEG

IMG_9689.JPEG

The front rim looks like he pried off a stuck tire or something, it is bent all the way around, makes me sad. Probably bent in a dozen places. You can't tell from my sucky pictures but the back of the front fender is mangled, like he pried on that also. It's a wonder the forks are good, but other than the sissy bar needing some tweaking, the rest of the bike was lightly, mostly just stored wrong.

I never have tried evaporust, I always used vinegar, but I think I will try it this time.

If life hands you lemons, clean chrome with it, a new slogan, thanks Robert, I'm going to check it out, sounds interesting.

Back