When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up this 1939 Schwinn a while ago

-

schwinning

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked up this 1939 Schwinn Motorbike a while back from another cabe member :) it was restored about 10 years ago by Bob U. I finally got it together and am working on the wiring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 524
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 496
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 495
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 468
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 456
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 451
Very nice bike, Bob U. does some nice work. He did some work for me about 15 years ago. You know what I like about your bike, it's restored but it doesn't look over restored. Enjoy it.

nice...

The tank is actually built for a streamliner....minor detail but no one is complaining....no one is that perfect......its still bad to the bone...

The tank is actually built for a streamliner....minor detail but no one is complaining....no one is that perfect......its still bad to the bone...

Hi. The tank is actually built for this bike. It's a steel motorbike hanging tank with the holes for wires and button. The bike was restored by Bob U. I'm pretty sure it is all correct including the tank.
:) I am no expert though.
What makes you think it is a streamliner tank? Just wondering do you have a picture of that tank?

Ahhhhh. there is those lights again....I need a set of those.
Killer bike!!!!

Hi. The tank is actually built for this bike. It's a steel motorbike hanging tank with the holes for wires and button. The bike was restored by Bob U. I'm pretty sure it is all correct including the tank.
:) I am no expert though.
What makes you think it is a streamliner tank? Just wondering do you have a picture of that tank?
Streamliner models of the prewar era had unique paint pattern....and I noticed in one advertisement that the first tank strap sat back farther away from the dart to avoid resting on it to protect the accent....just an observation....sSchwinn did weird schtuff.....which I love

Back