When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up this 1939 Schwinn a while ago

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Streamliner models of the prewar era had unique paint pattern....and I noticed in one advertisement that the first tank strap sat back farther away from the dart to avoid resting on it to protect the accent....just an observation....sSchwinn did weird schtuff.....which I love

Thanks. Schwinn is funny like that. I love that also!

Beautiful bike. Question I have is it suppose to be Skip Tooth? I see it has 1/2 pitch.
Mitch

I’ll add a question here for the Schwinn-siders.

What gives with Schwinn seat binder configurations?

I’m aware that the early 1935 double diamond frames used a large welded on seat clamp and that later in 1935, a smaller clamp replaced the first design. That second clamp design was typically used on the majority of Schwinn's full-size, 26" wheeled, boy's prewar frames built from that point on.

A recent Double-Diamond, "B" style, frame was posted on this site with the through-the-stays binder bolt (reminiscent of the Moto style/B9/B10 frames) configuration which is also used on this frame.

My question is; does anyone have solid information (or an opinion) on Schwinn production dates and usage of these late, binder-through-the-stays, frames?

I was under the understanding that the strap location moved back behind the paint scheme for 1939
thats news to me....cool knowledge right there...however this 1939Christmas ad shows differently....just saying

Attachments

• 1939_b05.jpg
    1939_b05.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
tank strap positioning

Here is picture of what was referring to

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 207
Back