When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up this 1939 Schwinn a while ago

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Motorbike

I restored the bike about 10 years ago for a long time Pasadena Collector. Tank is correct for the Motorbike of that serial number and year. Late 38's and 1939 models had the strap moved back a couple of inches, which has nothing to do with being specific to "Streamliner" models which were the BF Goodrich marketed Schwinn Motorbikes, trust. me. Other than the decals, the only difference between a Schwinn Motorbike and a BFG Streamliner was the use of twin Seiss or Silver Ray lights and Persons Majestic Airflo pedals on the Streamliner versions. Nice to see the old bikes getting around, I sold it for the original owner a few years back to a local collector, the next thing I heard it was in Florida. Where might she be now? one has to wonder.....

Last edited:
39 Motorbike

Hey Bob, how do you know it's a she. Here's a couple pix of my 39 Bfg Streamliner. You all can decide if there's any difference in the tank. Except for the location of the hanging straps, I don't see any difference. This is an uncirculated So. Cal. Bike. The 39 Motorbike is an awesome piece. Enjoy and Ride!

Attachments

• DSC05246.jpg
    DSC05246.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC04137.jpg
    DSC04137.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC04138.jpg
    DSC04138.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 222
I restored the bike about 10 years ago for a long time Pasadena Collector. Tank is correct for the Motorbike of that serial number and year. Late 38's and 1939 models had the strap moved back a couple of inches, which has nothing to do with being specific to "Streamliner" models which were the BF Goodrich marketed Schwinn Motorbikes, trust. me. Other than the decals, the only difference between a Schwinn Motorbike and a BFG Streamliner was the use of twin Seiss or Silver Ray lights and Persons Majestic Airflo pedals on the Streamliner versions. Nice to see the old bikes getting around, I sold it for the original owner a few years back to a local collector, the next thing I heard it was in Florida. Where might she be now? one has to wonder.....

Hi. I bought the bike last year while I was in Florida. I live in Phoenix. The bike is in Az where it shall remain. Best bike I ever owned. Not that it matters but, I am a girl who collects bikes. :)

Hey Bob, how do you know it's a she. Here's a couple pix of my 39 Bfg Streamliner. You all can decide if there's any difference in the tank. Except for the location of the hanging straps, I don't see any difference. This is an uncirculated So. Cal. Bike. The 39 Motorbike is an awesome piece. Enjoy and Ride!

Awesome bike!!!!!! :)

schwinn did weird stuff

No dude I'm not buying it....most streamliner prewar Schwinn's I've seen had different position straps (farther back) and also included dual lights with their springer deluxe models all of which this "restored Schwinn" has....just saying

39 Motorbike / Streamliner

I have a copy of a 1939 Bfg promo ad and there was no light or ornament on the front fender. When I got my bike it had a Silveray mounted on the front fender with the wires hanging out the side. Mounted a old repop fenderbomb on there to fill the hole. Found another matching Silveray and mounted them where they should be.

I’ll add a question here for the Schwinn-siders.

What gives with Schwinn seat binder configurations?

I’m aware that the early 1935 double diamond frames used a large welded on seat clamp and that later in 1935, a smaller clamp replaced the first design. That second clamp design was typically used on the majority of Schwinn's full-size, 26" wheeled, boy's prewar frames built from that point on.

A recent Double-Diamond, "B" style, frame was posted on this site with the through-the-stays binder bolt (reminiscent of the Moto style/B9/B10 frames) configuration which is also used on this frame.

My question is; does anyone have solid information (or an opinion) on Schwinn production dates and usage of these late, binder-through-the-stays, frames?

I would like to see a picture of what you are describing but I think what you are referring to is a 16" frame.

nice bike

I have a copy of a 1939 Bfg promo ad and there was no light or ornament on the front fender. When I got my bike it had a Silveray mounted on the front fender with the wires hanging out the side. Mounted a old repop fenderbomb on there to fill the hole. Found another matching Silveray and mounted them where they should be.
I'm just trying to figure out why Schwinn had changed their strap positioning.....Schwinn did weird stuff like that

Back