When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up this 20” Fleetwing today.

-

MrCrazyHair

Look Ma, No Hands!
This is a 1966 MO6 24x28 Jordan Marsh boys 20” Fleetwing Mercury.
Would anyone know anything else about this bike. I just simply like to learn interesting facts. He said his dad adored this bike and it is fully original and complete. Plan on cleaning it up nice. Not sure what one of these is even worth or if I overpaid. LoL just liked it.
thanks for looking.

May have been built by Murray for Jordan Marsh stores.
Oh yeah thanks. I forgot to put that part. MO in the serial is Murray. The MO6 means Murray 1966. x28 is the Jordan Marsh store code. Am curious about Jordan Marsh bikes. Im also curious about how Jordan Marsh sold their bike. Did they alter them themselves per special order and seem to have slight differences to other Murrays. The Murray Jordan Marsh Explorer I picked up has an original period correct Troxel banana seat on it. Was trying to find out if it was ordered that way. Hoping to find out if the Barn picker people found any sales slips on it when I see them tomorrow. The Murray Astro Flite, Murray Explorer and now the new Murray Mercury all have the Troxel seat. Anyways thanks for responding and happy bike hunting.
1630757211875.png
1630757311657.png

Back