When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up this wheelie bike anyone have any info about these

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vastingray

Wore out three sets of tires already!
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
picked this up locally to cool to pass up going to restore it need all the right parts looks like someone took a Black Friday krate and used the parts on here Any info or directions on where to get parts would be appreciated

image.png

Very cool find!

That is an AMF built bike. They made them for Western Flyer, and sold them under their own badge as the Skeeter 2+1. The Western Flyer versions were always blue, and usually the AMF version was red, but I believe I've seen one AMF that was blue, Jaxon on The Cabe had one.

The Western Flyer version used a Persons blue banana seat with mylar, like a Schwinn Sting-Ray Deluxe seat. I know the sissy bars are somewhat unique for these, they are short, and *may* be flat at the ends, I don;t remember for sure.

The rear fender is somewhat unique too I believe, not sure if yours is original or not. The front fenders are like any AMF build bike.

The hardest part to find on them is the wheelie wheels, and yours has them so that's a good thing!

Very cool find!

That is an AMF built bike. They made them for Western Flyer, and sold them under their own badge as the Skeeter 2+1. The Western Flyer versions were always blue, and usually the AMF version was red, but I believe I've seen one AMF that was blue, Jaxon on The Cabe had one.

The Western Flyer version used a Persons blue banana seat with mylar, like a Schwinn Sting-Ray Deluxe seat. I know the sissy bars are somewhat unique for these, they are short, and *may* be flat at the ends, I don;t remember for sure.

The rear fender is somewhat unique too I believe, not sure if yours is original or not. The front fenders are like any AMF build bike.

The hardest part to find on them is the wheelie wheels, and yours has them so that's a good thing!
Thanks Rob I appreciate the help I guess I need to find a donor bike to strip the parts off

You have all the hard parts that you need. Easy restore now. Here is a links to my wheelie bike I had. You can cut a sissy bar down for this bike.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s853.photobucket.com/user/paradisejaxon/embed/slideshow/AMF Roadmaster Wheelie Bike"></iframe>
Thank you so much ! I couldn't find much on it. Was wondering what wheels and hub to use ? I've got the rear mag like you have but not sure of rims and hub
I don't think the ones on it are correct most probably off a Black Friday krate

Last edited:
I bought a Western Flyer coaster for parts for mine. I got nice wheels, handlebars and some other parts to use. Keep a eye out for a nice bike. If you have a original sport mag the rim strip will only fit a Schwinn S2 rim. If you have one I made then you can put the rim strip into a MO MFG rim. I tried using a Huffy rim but it is a little bit to small for the rim strip.

I bought a Western Flyer coaster for parts for mine. I got nice wheels, handlebars and some other parts to use. Keep a eye out for a nice bike. If you have a original sport mag the rim strip will only fit a Schwinn S2 rim. If you have one I made then you can put the rim strip into a MO MFG rim. I tried using a Huffy rim but it is a little bit to small for the rim strip.
That's a great idea to find a donor bike and thank you on the information regarding the sport mag I really appreciate it There is really not much information to be found on it

Yes, there are only a few ads out there and internet pictures on the 2+1 bikes. That is a good good score there, that will be a fun project!

Looks like you're going to be into some non-Schwinn stuff now! Better get a bigger garage!

Yes, there are only a few ads out there and internet pictures on the 2+1 bikes. That is a good good score there, that will be a fun project!

Looks like you're going to be into some non-Schwinn stuff now! Better get a bigger garage!
Haha I've only got a few non schwinns this one and the wheel steering wheel bike but some are really cool

Back