Pictures added***Shaft drive bicycle from ricks restorations episode ...miyata?

This ad disappears when logged in

Adam1231

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 11, 2017
Duluth, MN, United States
Anyone see the episode on ricks restorations where they restore the shaft drive bicycle ? I think it had shaft breaks too?

I want to say it was a miyata? A friend of mine has the same bicycle I have a chance to buy and I know nothing about early shaft drive bicycles. All I know is that it's prestine original shape. Are those bicycles desirable? What to look out for? Anyone purchase one before? Trying to get An idea if it's a $500 or $1,5000 bicycle ... Thanks!!

IMG_4699.PNG

IMG_4700.PNG

IMG_4701.PNG

IMG_4702.PNG

Adam1231

Sep 11, 2017
If Ricks restorations restored it? run like hell

cobble city
lol no! I'm saying the bike im trying to buy is similar to a bike on an episode or ricks restorations, not the bike Rick actuly restored. I don't buy anything that's been restored. Thought maybe someone who has seen that episode could tell me something about the bike

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
How about posting a pic of the bike you are thinking of buying? V/r Shawn

Adam1231

Sep 11, 2017
Thanks for the info everyone. Honestly I was less than impressed when I finally got the pictures.. I was thinking it would be much different and earlier. Looks 1960s European to me lol...Not a big fan at all!!

Jay81

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 26, 2015
Roseville MI
Unfortunately it's not collectable, not shaft driven, and not worth too much.
Because I know my local used bike market pretty well, I might pay $20 for it just because it's unusual, and I see some good rat rod parts on it. Then I'd try to flip it for $50-$60.

Miyata FL.

Dec 26, 2015
Orlando FL.
Possibly 70s . The seat, rack, pedals and side stand might not be correct but i could be wrong. Just in case, almost every single part on these bikes where stamped with the "M" gear trade mark like the fender ornament which makes it easy to identify whats right or wrong on the bike. They are great riding bikes buy it cheap clean it up and take it for a ride. Cheers.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture