When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of late 1930's Schwinn C-Model mens bike with tanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mine is a 36. With house paint and no oringinal paint left, it was a basket case.
IMG_3271.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg
IMG_4066.JPG
I brought it back to the original color scheme.

After that sensationally re-done black/red one of Dgoldman's, Here's some more of the reality side that will never be quite so attractive - but that's OK!
Tanked first:
'36:
IMG_1795.JPG

'39:
39 BC97E.JPG

And the "Tankless" ones -
Both appear to be the same year - '37:
37 BC97 DD.JPG

37 BC 96.JPG

The white one was a trip to re-do. The joint filler appears to have been lead and did not like the heat cycle for the color. I had to rework the joints in order to have them look like joints instead of blobs! Rides beautifully, The OG red tankless is getting fenders and a guard vary soon, and the Black/Red '39 is getting a black seat soon. They all ride like the white one - not any problem!

REC

After that sensationally re-done black/red one of Dgoldman's, Here's some more of the reality side that will never be quite so attractive - but that's OK!
Tanked first:
'36:
View attachment 775969

'39:
View attachment 775970

View attachment 775973

View attachment 775972

The white one was a trip to re-do. The joint filler appears to have been lead and did not like the heat cycle for the color. I had to rework the joints in order to have them look like joints instead of blobs! Rides beautifully, The OG red tankless is getting fenders and a guard vary soon, and the Black/Red '39 is getting a black seat soon. They all ride like the white one - not any problem!

REC
Thanks for the compliment! I only wish mine could have been original paint. You've got some great looking bikes!

what makes a c model vs another?

BA - straightbar frame - 18" frame:
X11028 A.jpg

"C" Model - 16" frame: - Note the longer straight area of the top bar, where the BA starts to curve almost immediately after the headtube - That is the aesthetic difference
37  U57137 A.jpg

I like 'em both because they are equipped (in these two cases) with that nice straight downtube!

REC

Tanked first:
'36:
View attachment 775969

'39:
View attachment 775970

View attachment 775973

View attachment 775972

REC
Your ‘37 red Schwinn is the closest comparison to a bicycle I recently acquired. Paint, frame, and components match!

7B793E0D-C26D-4AEF-8FD1-3B52F687BD75.jpeg

Back