When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Piece jacking repop stingrays: scummy or no?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Is buying multiple 2020 stingrays and jacking the price up to resell them scummy or no?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
I’m sure we’ve all seen this. Is this a good move to make some quick cash, or is this just keeping kids out of the hobby by making stingrays unavailable?
7510BD19-4F9B-4404-B3A5-D085DD2AA892.jpeg

If it keeps young kids out of hobby ...Yes
I know if i was a kid today and i got one of these and i found out they had old ones , that would be a trigger to start collecting ... it never took much for me to start collecting something. Its in my Blood
Happy Holidays
Bob

I think bicycle collectors would all be better off if we just admit that Schwinn no longer exists and anything done with the name is not relevant to anything we do.

buying things and selling at a profit is not evil. do people think that latest rare part they just got from ebay was sold at a loss for the betterment of the hobby?

I remember when the Black Friday Sting Rays came out for $75 and they flew off the shelves to be pasted on EBAY a week later at $500. Many were sold and I bought one new couple of weeks later when Walmart started dumping them and finally Walmart was closing them out for $50 early the next year. My neighbor wanted bike for her son for his 13th birthday and I basically gave it to her. He did take care of it though and rode it through school. I haven't seen it recently but he may still have it. They were not meant to be investment bike and I suspect the same is with these. Roger

Only being a scumbag if you price hike essentials like some sorry P.O.S. did at the beginning of covid with disinfectants. Otherwise if you don't like the price, don't buy, be patient, that will bring the price back down. Usually that type of profiteering levels off anyway. You can't stop it, so if your lucky enough to score something that people with too much money want, I guess why not. By the way, I would not do it, better things to do with my time and energy.

Last edited:
Back