When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Piece of movie history! Must see!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Well, guess what has turned up on ebay? One of the Classic Schwinn bikes used in the 1985 movie, "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure". This bike is supposedly one of only 8 used in the movie-the seller even has a signed affidavit explaining it's connection to the movie and spec. sheet from Warner Bros.

Last night, the bike went into the $2,000 range, but now, it s back in the $800 range? I don't know why, but sure would make a cool display item! What is sad is, most items like this are tossed into "the graveyard" behind the studios. Most of the time, these old bikes, motorcycles, cars, etc. are just viewed as uneeded props. This bike was the exception!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pee-Wee-Herman-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item414fa6238c

By the way, I posted this here, as I thought this might not get much attention otherwise.

Really, it's a parody of classic bikes, just as Pee Wee's show was a parody of 50's kids shows. It's neat as an 80s nostalgia piece.

Really, it's a parody of classic bikes, just as Pee Wee's show was a parody of 50's kids shows. It's neat as an 80s nostalgia piece.

I guess you're right and I'd probably like it if I were from that generation. Like my kid brother being all geeked up about bmx's back in the 70's,I didn't get it.

Pat

something is fishy about that bike look at the fins on the front light in the px with pee wee they look like there a different material and the chain guard decal is different...ok so there were 8 bikes for the movie but one would think that they would be a little closer than that....my opinion ya id ride it wearing my 4th of july top hat yee haaaaaaaa

bike was not used in movie or any promotion connected to the movie ,, it has no wear ,it looks brand new ,, it is a nice representation of the movie bike ,,, all movie props ,are handled ,and touched up as they need .. also read the wording on the ad ,, he only claims that it came from a california collector ,and possibly could have been used in the movie ,,,the real survivor is at the bicycle museum of america.. marilyn monroes bicycle is here in florida ,with all documentation ,, DNA,, you would not believe how it is displayed ,,. !!!! wpb

Back