When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Piedmont Alabama Bike Show and Swap Meet THIS WEEKEND

-

JOEL

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Quaint little town, live music, bike trail access, and pumpkins... First I've heard of this.

Last edited:
Yet another odd cultural experiment in small town Alabama. Pumpkins, craft vendors, food trucks, live bluegrass, and a bike show/swap meet. (5 sellers, 2 exhibitors). In spite of the low attendance there was a remarkable showing of high end bicycles (possibly more than at Get A Grip). There are two collectors in Piedmont, one brought out an impressive display of muscle bikes. Another fellow came from Atlanta with his collection of bikes from his racing days (including two Land Sharks and a Slingshot!!!) Mike from Alabama brought some fine BMX bikes to show and I brought some high end prewar bikes. The location is a shady park in the middle of town beside the Chief LaDiga/Silver Comet rail trail which is perfect for a vintage bike ride. This was a first attempt and I believe the organizers are interested in supporting and growing the bike swap. Those who attend Get A Grip should consider hitting this one next year too.

Back