When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Bicycle Mega Thread + Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Also, wood bkocks on the pedals where ive normally seen an oil based product. Still learning about this hobby and wasn't sure about wood block pedals.

Hello, and Welcome, David.

I can't help with the bike date (there will be experts along shortly).

Wood block pedals could be from a 1940's refurbishment. Both Bicycles and Rubber were in short supply during WW2. Older bicycles were refurbished, and the rubber pedal blocks on new pedals during this period were replaced with wood.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Also, wood bkocks on the pedals where ive normally seen an oil based product. Still learning about this hobby and wasn't sure about wood block pedals.
It would have had rubber block pedals, or rat trap pedals, depending on the model.

what is the serial number and where is it located?

the bike looks like someone drilled another hole in the head tube, to use a buffalo badge on an Angola built post 1918 bike. If the serial number is on the top right side of the bottom bracket, it is Angola.

Yes I see 2 holes on the bottom of the tube. What I notice is one is a hole. The other appears to be a dimple and doesn't go all way thru

Measured between the top hole and the bottom hole is 57.5 mm. From the top hole to the dimple second hole is 60.3 . Does that help?

The serial number is on the right side drop out.
With the Serial on the dropout that is a Buffalo made bike. Mine is serial #180073 and up till now has been one of the highest made in Buffalo numbers to turn up, assumed it was made just prior to the sale to Emblem and move from Buffalo. I've considered it a 1916-17 though here some doing serial number research on stolen bike reports suggest it may be as early as 1912. It's a fun rider.

Pierce Serial Number.jpg

IMG_5150.jpeg

Back