When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Bicycle Mega Thread + Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow. That's Awesome. Shoot some pics when available. Hell I'm in Fresno, I didn't see a Pierce. Ha.
An amazing coincidence, I saw the documentation of the 1916 Pierce, it's in a fragile state and is actually a Lease agreement to an Italian American with the Surname ending with an O, (Sicilian?) dated 1916, the serial number of the bike starts with 17. The original dealer was Homan & Co. Inc. of (get this) Fresno California! Since you know what a Pierce bicycle is, and live in Fresno, can you contact the local historical references and dig up anything on Homan & Co? We know they were selling and leasing Pierce bicycles in 1916 in your city.

Could the first two numbers be the year?

Carlitos, you may be on to the code. Could the 18 in my serial number #180173 be 1918, built in Buffalo? Could the serial number system have changed when the company reorganized and the name was changed in 1908?

Is that a Victorian cast door bell on the back mounted under the seat? How is it mounted and used? I have a nice cast door bell in the same style, it would make a cool bike bell.

Gary

a Pierce racer has been found at an estate sale in California with the serial number starting with 17, the bike actually came with the original documents (lease agreement) dated 1916 from a shop in Fresno CA. The documents are in a fragile state and need to be sent to a paper restoration company but as far as I'm aware, are the only original sales point documentation surviving that are still with the machine.

An amazing coincidence, I saw the documentation of the 1916 Pierce, it's in a fragile state and is actually a Lease agreement to an Italian American with the Surname ending with an O, (Sicilian?) dated 1916, the serial number of the bike starts with 17. The original dealer was Homan & Co. Inc. of (get this) Fresno California! Since you know what a Pierce bicycle is, and live in Fresno, can you contact the local historical references and dig up anything on Homan & Co? We know they were selling and leasing Pierce bicycles in 1916 in your city.
Homan Sporting goods photo on Ebay from 1953..
s-l1600.jpg

16622023.jpg

Frank Homan of Fresno. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_A._Homan.

Back