When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Bicycle Mega Thread + Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pierce Chainless - Help Needed

Hi All,
the 1902 Pierce I assembled had both bearing cages of the main shaft broken. I through away the balls and replaced with new ones without using cages. Problem is that I find the setting of the gears non perfect. Can you help me in letting me know the size of the cages and the size of the balls.

Many thanks,

G.

Interesting..... There was a fire at the Pierce factory in 1906. The Buffalo factory was built in 1901. It is my understanding that they produced bicycles here until 1915 at this location. Here is an ad they posted in the 1906 Bicycling World about the resumption of bicycle production and availability.

Bicycling World 1906 march 31st.png

Last edited:
1901 Pierce Chainless, Pan American Model #298

I can see for years people are trying to get a serial number and date certain on the Pierce bikes. Well.......thanks to the help of another member here, we determined the year and model of my Pierce chainless. Here is the proof and the number. Photo of decal is a Pan American sticker or transfer on the frame, and a photo of the serial number. My best, Ed.

IMG_2574.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

Are mens and womens serial numbers separate from one another on Pierce models? The reason I ask is # 82244 is a mens 1901 and my ladies #61758 is purported to be a 1902. It was presented to me at time of purchase as a 1899, so I am a little confused on these numbers..Tom

Ummm - that is a good question..... I suppose we might be able to speculate ( in an educated ) way fairly soon. A few more additions and some serials with known hard dates should get us on the right track.

Back