When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Bicycle Mega Thread + Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So here is the rough piece I picked up a couple of days ago. About the only thing correct here is the frame, chain, and crankset. The bars, stem, headset, fork, hubs/wheels, and fenders are all teens or '30s. The rear hub is a teens Eclipse and not sure about the front (possibly original?). Top tube has numerous dings but solid and no serious stuff. No badge. The rear supension works but I have a feeling the spring is broke because there is slop when you lift the bike up. It does have a great block chain though. Personally I think this would be good if someone had a regular frame project with all the correct stuff and wanted to make a cushion frame model. It will be at Charlotte next Saturday. V/r Shawn

It does not surprise me when people disagree about the dating of Pierce bicycles because there is almost no good information out there on doing it. All anyone has to do is go back through the pages of this thread to see that most people either have dated their bikes to a year they simply want them to be from, they have no good documentation, just whatever hearsay or poor information they find on the internet with a google search etc.. Call your Pierce bikes whatever year you want to, because anyone disagreeing with you is probably not going to have any documentation, and is not going to know any more about it than you do.

Last edited:
What years did they have the badge on the rear shock and what years in had the words cut into the nickel cover??

Here are some more stolen Pierce serial numbers from 1895-1905 US newspapers. Found quite a few listed as stolen but only these were from ads that stated the model year. All other ads listed serial numbers and sometimes descriptive information but not a model year.

1895 7,453 Pierce - Model 1

1897 24,352 Pierce - Maroon

1897 34,352 Pierce

1898 46,957 Pierce - 22” Carmine color

1900 69,427 Pierce

1900 74,987 Pierce - Chainless, black

1903 101,192 Pierce - Racer

1905 119,___ Pierce

I realize this is the end of a long thread, I just acquired a shaft drive frame with mechanism complete up to the rear gears. I may just keep as is, but if I could find some parts that would be fun too. If anyone has front and rear wheels (rear wheel would have shaft for gear), front fork, seat, handlebars, pedals....anything for sale and appropriate for a 1900-1905 bike, please let me know. Thanks David Coco Winchester Va pm or [email protected]

I realize this is the end of a long thread, I just acquired a shaft drive frame with mechanism complete up to the rear gears. I may just keep as is, but if I could find some parts that would be fun too. If anyone has front and rear wheels (rear wheel would have shaft for gear), front fork, seat, handlebars, pedals....anything for sale and appropriate for a 1900-1905 bike, please let me know. Thanks David Coco Winchester Va pm or [email protected]
@Jesse McCauley ?

Back