When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Bicycle Mega Thread + Serial Numbers

-
He dropped the ball on more photos unfortunately. Since it’s not a shaft bike or cushion frame I’m not going to go crazy bidding on it, but it would be nice to have a Pierce!

Thanks for the additional information. Sure enough, looks like Hussey bars.
I will probably make a more sincere bid on it then.
I’m probably the only wood wheel nut in the county anyway!

Last edited:
With that tire and a couple other features that is going to be a Buffalo made bike.

Of course I bought it.....

Since here it is with the obligatory forge/bicycle stand photos. It is a “Geo N Pierce” head badge.
so pre 1907!

F40BB52C-E904-473F-A14F-EA4BEAB96E11.jpeg

looks fairly complete and unmolested from what little I know about Pierce.
I Am obviously going to need a front cantle for the saddle if anyone knows of one, or has a pattern.

08AB8D5A-3C42-4778-A199-EE0E98D02833.jpeg

thanks for the sage advice folks I really appreciate it!
So with the type 3 badge and the Pierce New Departure brake arm it should be 1902-1906? The serial number seems to narrow it down to late 1904. They could have been installed years later but dies anyone know the years that Hussey bars were made?

Last edited:
Thanks!
That’s two of the 46 positions! I saw another ad dated 1907. It measures out to #3 handlebar. I like how it’s fully adjustable without pulling the grips.

This is just with about a 20 minute soak in Bar Keepers friend liquid cleanser, not scrubbed just wiped on with a bare latex glove and wiped off with a wet sponge.

I’m really impressed with how true the front rim is. I remember reading about laminated rims and these seem similar although there is some slight separation. It’s remarkable how smooth rolling the front wheel bearings are, as well as the pedals. It’s like they are new. I’m interested to see what they look like when I service them.

3DAF8C78-AFF4-4064-A79B-E8001F479F7B.jpeg

Back