When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Bicycle Mega Thread + Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
shawn, i dont know much about the kramer bikes, but i believe the earlier ones had the original type chain ring and the later ones came factory with the bsa ring, as far as the stems most serious racers prob used some type of adjustable stem, and yea they look cool. anyone feel free to correct me on the chain ring theory, im not to old to learn

Chrome Plated Bike: Serial Number 303434
DSC_0014_zpsbcadvj4q.jpg

Looks like Jim may be correct although it looks like later on you could get either Pierce or Pierce/BSA. I would like to find one of the Buffalo made FKS. V/r Shawn

Shawn-

That's an interesting question. Was there a Frank Kramer Special made by Pierce of Buffalo? I am missing pierce catalogs from 1914 to 1918, then missing 1920-1923. However, up until 1913, there was no mention of a FKS. However, in some earlier catalogs his name was mentioned, but not in the model name of a bike. I suspect The FKS bike was a product of Emblem...that's a guess on my part.

1938 Island Cycle Supply Company Catalog Page. Identical descriptions found in 1930 Pierce Bicycle Catalog.
Pierce%20Kramer%2038_zpsx44ncsy1.jpg

Shawn-

That's an interesting question. Was there a Frank Kramer Special made by Pierce of Buffalo? I am missing pierce catalogs from 1914 to 1918, then missing 1920-1923. However, up until 1913, there was no mention of a FKS. However, in some earlier catalogs his name was mentioned, but not in the model name of a bike. I suspect The FKS bike was a product of Emblem...that's a guess on my part.

Scott,
Post #37 here corbettcllassics shows a page from 1915 that depicts the FKS. I didn't think it was until late teens--1919? that Emblem acquired Pierce. V/r Shawn

Back