When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Bicycle Mega Thread + Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Carlitos, you may be on to the code. Could the 18 in my serial number #180173 be 1918, built in Buffalo? Could the serial number system have changed when the company reorganized and the name was changed in 1908?

Is that a Victorian cast door bell on the back mounted under the seat? How is it mounted and used? I have a nice cast door bell in the same style, it would make a cool bike bell.

Gary

Hi Gary,
I'm hoping the serial number mystery can be decoded at some point, but to answer your second question, the story told was that it was used as a pace bike on the track and this was a lap bell clamped to the frame. Not sure how true it is but that's all I got and I'm stickin' to it! The bell has an amazing loud and clear ring to it.

IMG_3212.jpg
IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

My Pierce Ladies' Chain-less Cushion serial number is on the seat post.
Badge
Pierce Cycle Company
Angola, NY., U.S.A.
It has an incorrect badge.
Should be the #3 badge.

imagejpg1-38.jpg

imagejpg1-35.jpg

imagejpg1-36.jpg

imagejpg1-37.jpg

Last edited:
Pierce Ladies 1924

Here is a picture from my 1924 Pierce catalog showing ladies model and no mention of chainless availability ..Tom

Attachments

• IMG_4701.jpg
    IMG_4701.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_4702.jpg
    IMG_4702.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_4703.jpg
    IMG_4703.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_4704.jpg
    IMG_4704.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 388
Hi, Not sure if I am doing this right, never been on here, anyway, I found this bike in a garage, The name plate is "Pierce" tried and True! Itsa camelback style frame, and I found numbers under the crank, can you help me with what year it may be, thank you, Barry
pierce bike (14).JPG

Thats a beauty!! Did you refinish the grips and if so what did you use to preserve the leather and wood? I've been using beeswax leather preservative on the leather but have not finished the wood yet. Considering good old orange shellac.

Gary

Back