When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce bicycles, value, one badged Buffalo and one Angola

-

Trimacar

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have someone who's offered me these two Pierce bikes. Her husband restored one and was restoring the second when he passed away, she has the cranks etc. for green one just weren't installed...

I'm not a big fan of restored bikes, but here they are. Any suggestions on value? She's asking $600 each, I might be interested in the green Buffalo but not the later maroon Angola...
DSCN3947.JPG

Both look nicely done; maybe she would throw in the bicycle stands for free?
Maybe be sure that the all of the crankset parts are there (separately) and actually fit.

Interesting, I guess the ho-hum response means that no one gets excited about these, no problem. So far, my rules on collecting only Pierce bicycles have been 1) not restored, no matter how crusty 2) badge has original rivets and 3) Buffalo manufacture only, since I'm only interested in the memorabilia with a direct connection to George N. Pierce.

I'm sure that some of my Pierce bikes have non-original components, but I'm not versed enough to know what is what.

I did find it interesting not long ago that a Geo. N. Pierce "matchless" light sold for an interesting amount on Ebay. I was at an old car show and swap meet 30 years ago, fellow had about 60 or 80 bicycle lights for sale. I kiddingly asked "Gee, where's the Pierce light"...at the time I didn't even know they existed, but I always ask about Pierce stuff. His response? "Well, yeah, I have one in the truck, didn't think anyone would be interested"....he showed it to me and I didn't even dicker at the low price, just bought it. Only problem is it was plated and someone stripped it, oh well, still an interesting piece.

I'm always in the market for Pierce bicycles, memorabilia about bikes or cars, and so forth, from Buffalo.
Matchless one.jpg

Thanks David Coco Winchester Va (I'm on an early brass Buick forum which requires every post to end with name and location, that's why I do this)...

Matchless two.jpg

Back