When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce improved cushion 1904 or later

-

filmonger

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
I always like to Mock up my bikes when I first get them.... so here you go Ignore the wheel set - just there to give me an idea of what it will look like. in the process of building carbon insert Ghisallo Rims - just need to decide on what hubs to get for both rear and front. Also need a pair of period rat traps - though these pedals will do for a little while. Saddle will be a troxel or sager ... not a long spring but again will have to find that here on the cabe. The kelly's are a perfect fit and will be staying with the bike -right now I have just put a rubber washer in the fork gap - since I cannot fine a cone to fit the top of the headset. I think it will be nice - and it looks like it might be ridable once I have finished. Thanks Carlito's...!!! Will post better pics.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Last edited:
... I like to Mock my bikes too, but they alway's slap me across the face or worse!

Dude!!!!
It Looks Great;But, Are You Going to Paint It and Re-nickel the Fork and Crank Set??
FULL RESTO???

Also, I Think that the Seat I Sent You Looks Better than the Long Springs!!!
Sorry!!!:o

Good Luck!!!;)

Pierce head set

is this what you need ?smaller is just race larger is threaded ...Tom

Attachments

• IMG_4408.jpg
    IMG_4408.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4409.jpg
    IMG_4409.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4411.jpg
    IMG_4411.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4413.jpg
    IMG_4413.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4416.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_4417.jpg
    IMG_4417.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 160
Those are Not It!

What he Needs is a Shallow Bearing Cup that Fits Completely Under the Screw-In Top Piece that Looks Like a Dome!!!!
The one From My SNELL Screws In and is Barely 1/4" Thick, and Holds the Loose Bearings Only! The Diameter Was Too Small though, I Tried It!!!

I'll Try to Post a Pic Tomorrow! This Won't Let Me Post It!!!;)

Thank you very very much for taking the time to do this!!!! .....I think it might work......I'll try it and see....let me know what you want for it.

Carlitos - I just put the long spring on to see what it looked like and I agree it takes away the clean lines of the bike - I just want a simple two or three coil spring Troxel or Sager. I sold one to Bri.....that would have been perfect - never fails. There was a nice Sager in the for sale section that went in seconds - so I will just have to bid my time.

Last edited:
I have other pieces , I am just not sure what to look for .Is it threaded? or is the small race I have pictured what you need? does it fit inside the frame itself? I will take more pictures of what I have...Tom

Pierce part

Pierce race, this is the only other part I have for Pierce besides bearings. This part fits inside the head tube , could this be the part you need ?

Attachments

• IMG_4419.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4418.jpg
    IMG_4418.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4420.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4421.jpg
    IMG_4421.jpg