When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce improved cushion 1904 or later

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pierce race, this is the only other part I have for Pierce besides bearings. This part fits inside the head tube , could this be the part you need ?

That Would Work!!!!!
Must Use the Small Bearing Cage for Clearance, or Loose Ones!!!!

Great Job tommydale1950!:)
I'll Post the Other Option Too!!!

Yes I think that is it..... the issue is keeping the fork in line - Hence the fork tube fitting and being held in place on the head tube. At the moment I have squeezed a round rubber washer in the space between the fork tube and the head tube keeping it in place - this allows the caged bearings to sit on the top of the head tube rather than the races that should be there - with the fork being held in place by the rubber washer. Soooo I am guessing this is the correct piece. This should allow the fork tube to sit correctly and provide the races required. I pulled the top races on an old raleigh as the races seemed to work when I put the cap over it- but it ( as it also sits in the tube ) did not fit...the races would go over the threads of the fork tube but would not fit over the tube itself....so alas did not work. Fingers crossed this should do the job. In fact I am fairly sure this is the right part!!! - aww and Carlto's agrees......cool!

Last edited:
Pierce race

I just went back thru my bearings and found what you are looking for . I mocked it up on my mans Pierce and fits like a glove. The race is a little worn but with the fit and grease should work fine, pictures to follow. What I will do is send you both pieces and you decide which to use, , but the larger one did not fit as well as the smaller one. Send me your info and I will get them out on monday. We can square up later but should be under 200 dollars ..just kidding n/c as I may need something down the road ..Tom ps I also have some sager seat parts...

Attachments

• IMG_4423.jpg
    IMG_4423.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4426.jpg
    IMG_4426.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4429.jpg
    IMG_4429.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4433.jpg
    IMG_4433.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4434.jpg
    IMG_4434.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4436.jpg
    IMG_4436.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 94
Considering some Metal clad ( Orig wood effect ) Iver Rims that I bought from bri for this one - just not sure if it is a good fit ( look ) for the bike. Thanks to Dean for the Buffalo badge that will soon adorn the bike as it would have in the day. If I use these rims - do you think I should go with Deans or use another modern solution? I also might get the head race copied at a machine shop - before I do any real riding on her but what I rev'd from Tommydale will keep her alive and well. Still not sure what Rat traps to try a put on her. Did Pierce have a specific brand they used at this time period?

IMG_0962 (1).jpg

Last edited:
The Pierce is 9o percent there..........so here is what I have decided to do for the moment....I have put Modern running gear on her - Black ( gold pinstripe ) Westfield Rims with a Velosteel kickback hub, Classic-Cycle.de white tires. Looks much better with the black rims. I have another pair of black Westfields that I will string with a Morrow hub and a period front hub or possibly I will use my carbon insert wood rims ( not sure ).

It was a bitch getting the front hub on the springer fork. Also a small issue with the lock washer on the top of the fork head tube..as the fork is so short I cannot get the lock washer on and be able to screw on the final fork nut. It will not fit if the lock washer is on. It is a little thick so maybe I can find a thinner one - though, I am not sure this will do the job.

Now - i just need to find a dust cap and skip tooth cog for the Velosteel hub....a chain ( though I think I have a few sitting around ) and put the buffalo badge on when I get her. Might need to find some head badge screws as well. Oh - fix the fork lock washer and get some grips. Might still change the seat too? Possibly some period -rat traps as well.

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Last edited:
Your bike is the complete package. Full suspension, kelly bars. That is 40lbs of complete awesomeness.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maybe, you could search for an original Christy saddle to complete it. That would definitely, help set the bike off!

She's coming along quite nicely already, though! :cool:

Last edited:
Back