When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Model BR Amateur Racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
well, after riding this for a few days, it is pretty sweet to ride.

With that in mind, there is something wrong though, the bike tracks to the right. This is due to there being a slight bend in the fork crown still, you cannot let go of the bar or it will pull to the right fiercely. I really noticed it yesterday when riding and I looked down and the bike looks to be doglegging, similar to a truck out of alignment or a tractor trailer out of alignment.

I won't be riding it a bunch, ok well maybe just a little daily, however I will either need to find a way to repair this fork crown, or find another Pierce fork to replace this with. It is really dangerous the way it is. You can tell, when riding the bicycle, how out it is by the sight line of the bike. The front wheel has to be turned about 2 to 3 degrees to the right for the bike to go straight. If it was only being ridden on a circular track, to the left, it probably would not matter.

Anyway, it still looks really pretty, just needs some work to be a daily rider.

Bummer man. As far in as you are I'm sure you'll either find a highly skilled magician or a replacement fork.

well, after further investigation, I discovered that the frame has a 1/2" bend in it, I should be able to fix it, as on my 1963 Otasco Flying O, I had a 3 inch bend in the frame and was able to fix that.

Already got about a quarter inch of it out, just don't want to tweak it too much at one time.

Well the frame is fixed, I still need to tweak the fork a little, however it rides straight now.

Can't let go of the handle bar without it pulling to the right, pretty sure the fork can be aligned a bit and that will work.

Broke it all down to the frame and it's back together again.

Some beauty pictures for kicks. It polishes up nicely for an old bicycle.

20190712_180649.jpg

20190712_180700.jpg

20190712_180707.jpg

20190712_180737.jpg

20190712_180741.jpg

20190712_180714.jpg

20190712_180721.jpg

20190712_180734.jpg

Glad you got it squared up. it looks killer!!! I really like the wheels/tires and blackout hubs.
It rides better, once I have some time to dial in the fork, I am hoping to be able to do a hands free ride. ;)

I love the wheels, they are really nice. Glad I had the set of hubs for it, I know they aren't period correct, but what the heck, they look great.

Back