When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce Model BR Amateur Racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well then, I found a Pierce 1 piece crankset and chain wheel for it, after months of searching. Then it has sat in the garage for months, because it is easier to just ride it, over working on it.

Well I needed the Cleveland crankset and wheel for another build, so tonight was the night.

Still rides awesome and I really like the proper setup on it. I also swapped the chain, I had bought a newer chain for it 10 months ago.

I also took the time to shoot some photos of the inside of the hanger bracket, to show the frame connections, marvelous engineering.

Oh well, he's a Racer.

The Pierce axle adjuster bolt. It is fat, it has fine threads, nothing else I have even thinks about working in the slot.

Someday I will find a pair for my Motor Bike.

Where the down tube and the seat tube, come into the hanger bracket, the tubes are slightly fluted/flared out, with a tongue section on the lower side, that extends almost an inch
The tongue is then riveted to the hanger bracket inner sleeve, I don't think you have to worry about the brazing giving way at the stress points like on some machines.

Inside the head tube, there is a similar setup, where the top tube and the down tube are tied to the inside of the head tube.

The engineers really put a lot of thought into the design.

Just going to say, while the Pierce chain wheel and crank look right on this, they are a booger to get together, but once together, they work very well.

Still the most fun bike I own.
Fast.

Last edited:
After really enjoying this bike for awhile now, I rode it today for the last time. It is heading back to New York for the next phase of its journey.

It's still scary fast for a hundred year old.

The color is fascinating as is the traces of box pinstripes on it. The brass bell stays with me.

Back