When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce shaft drive

-
John, one of my Pierce shaftdrives was a full nickel frame and fork, original nickel not replated. Went to a collector in Japan who bought 9 other bikes.

Tim It has been a long time since your name came up . At one time I had a lot of shaft drive bikes also. I still remember buying NOS ball end spokes from you for 2 Columbia chainless bikes I had . The ball end spokes where like hens teeth then and now.
Dave in Ontario

It is good to be back in hobby, the cars are getting expensive and take up too much room. I am trying to track down several sets of those Ball End spokes I sold to an individual who never used them. Hope I can them back for what I sold them for which seemed like a lot at the time but an incredible bargain by todays prices. tim

John, I wish I did but we lost quite a bit photos during a storm several years back. A lot of material I had accumulated for Columbia chainless bikes including all original yearly catalogs and seasonal changes were destroyed before being copied. I am looking up old contacts for pictures of bikes. If I find some I will let you know. tim

Update 2/20/19

I still have it, no deal has been made.

I did find out this is a 1902 bike. It has a New Departure Bell "The Witch" coaster hub, still works too !

Here are a few more pics, and yes the bottom of the gear cover has rusted out.

20190216_141442.jpg

20190217_085436.jpg

20190217_103753.jpg

20190217_103821.jpg

Back