When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce TOC Matchless bicycle light for sale

-
Price
Zipcode

Trimacar

Look Ma, No Hands!
This is a Matchless bicycle light, George N. Pierce, patent dates at turn of century. Hard to find accessory for Pierce bicycles, I've been collecting Pierce memorabilia for decades and only seen four of them. May have been nickel plated and striped down to brass, or maybe they offered them in brass, not sure. Spring for mounting mechanism isn't good, and thumb screw for igniter missing. $950, shipping and insurance in Continental US included, any questions please ask. Thanks David Coco Winchester Va. [email protected]

Matchless one.jpg

Matchless two.jpg

Well, doesn't seem to be much interest in this, oh well. I'll tell the back story of why it's for sale.

I found this lamp by asking a vendor if he had any Pierce lights, he did, and I bought it long ago.

About a year ago, a really nice plated one sold on Ebay for around $1700. About a month ago, another plated one popped up on Ebay, but not under bicycle category, just as a Pierce light. It started at $9.99 with no reserve, which I thought was unusual. The description mentioned nothing about bicycles. I contacted the seller, kind of jokingly saying hey, I'll give you $500 right now, and he told me he'd bought it at a yard sale and had no idea what it even was. I sent him a message saying well, I'm shooting myself in the foot here, but this is what it is, it's rare, and should sell for a very good price. I figured it would easily go to $1500 or so. Surprisingly, he messaged me back and said since I'd been so straight forward, did I want it at the $500. Well, of course. He said he'd paid next to nothing for it and he'd be happy with that number. That's why you can search Ebay now and think the one I have for sale would be less than $500, but that's not true to me.

Thus this one is now surplus to my needs, as they say.

No problem, I'll just stick it back in my Pierce memorabilia collection. I just wanted the story to be there, so if someone is using Ebay as a price guide, they'd know why there's a $500 one shown..........David Coco Winchester Va.

Back