When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce track bike c 1913(?)

-
The screws in the badge sure make it look bad---sorry to nit-pick but the close up is really in your face.

Ah ha! I never noticed! Doh! These digital pics are so good these days that they expose things never seen in person... So Phillips head was maybe not invented yet?

E6FE95AD-FC96-464A-9A38-1CC19EEA1954.jpeg
3959F1F2-4FCF-45EE-8C6D-83D17864D0AE.jpeg
Ah ha! I never noticed! Doh! These digital pics are so good these days that they expose things never seen in person... So Phillips head was maybe not invented yet?

Can you show us a picture of the serial number? Very Cool Bike - Great pics as well.

It is not the type of screw(i see both a phillips and a standard screw) , but that it has screws at all, rivets probably held the badges on originally so the badge on this bike may not be original to it and can not be used to reliably date the bike. Parts are easily swapped out over the years, but the stamped-in serial number on the frame is a solid bit of evidence if it can be seen.

With the prices of some old bicycles up so high I would not be surprised if some profiteers fake serial numbers too as has been done in automobile and motorcycle collecting( I have seen first-hand a guy weld-up the numbers on a frame of a few British motorcycles and re-stamp them). This bike has a pretty good looking patina, so I am guessing it has not been through any sort of restoration-mill or a lot of parts-swapping.

It is not the type of screw(i see both a phillips and a standard screw) , but that it has screws at all, rivets probably held the badges on originally so the badge on this bike may not be original to it and can not be used to reliably date the bike. Parts are easily swapped out over the years, but the stamped-in serial number on the frame is a solid bit of evidence if it can be seen.

With the prices of some old bicycles up so high I would not be surprised if some profiteers fake serial numbers too as has been done in automobile and motorcycle collecting( I have seen first-hand a guy weld-up the numbers on a frame of a few British motorcycles and re-stamp them). This bike has a pretty good looking patina, so I am guessing it has not been through any sort of restoration-mill or a lot of parts-swapping.
I doubt that the serial numbers on this have been faked. Yes, the badge has been replaced.

I doubt that the serial numbers on this have been faked. Yes, the badge has been replaced.

Guys,Guys,,,,IT's an Angola Bike; What's the Problem 1918-1930??!!!
It's Still a Great Bike!!!
Scrape Off the Paint on the Top Right Side of BB, and YOU Will See the Numbers!!!:confused::confused:

Back