When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pile of rusty bikes; 1910?-1950’s

-
If the holes are from wear of the warped wood wheels in the stays, sometimes that may be patched if not too severe; not sure about ice bulge blowout type holes though.
Grind out the rust on the spot you want to fix...remove any serious crust, lightly hammer the blow outs flush, set your welder to mid power and get after it. Once its welded , grind it almost smooth and then finish with a bastard file to perfection. Repeat until done.

If you decide, or if someone decides to take one of the bikes on as a project, I would sandblast the frame to expose what’s left of the metal. I did this on this 1927 Rollfast Camelback and I had to replace the two rear seat strays. I was determined to make this my daily rider. It is very rewarding to bring something back from the dead. JimRoy

If you decide, or if someone decides to take one of the bikes on as a project, I would sandblast the frame to expose what’s left of the metal. I did this on this 1927 Rollfast Camelback and I had to replace the two rear seat strays. I was determined to make this my daily rider. It is very rewarding to bring something back from the dead. JimRoy
View attachment 1392490

View attachment 1392488
View attachment 1392489

View attachment 1392491
I find the most joy in bringing back bikes that most people wouldnt even touch. There is something magical about saving something that was counted out.

Welcome to the CABE! Boy are YOU a fortunate beginner! Many of us will send our address for what you don't want (grocery basket not included in last statement).

Back