When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Pink Lady" bicycle

-
Hi, I when to a yard sale today and found a 24" Pink Lady bicycle that was in good shape. I tried researching this bike but came up empty. Anyone know anything about the Pink Lady? Here is a picture of another pink lady bike that looks exactly like it, but the one I saw had saddle bags Thanks Guys and Gals. View attachment 156881.
That photo is actually me and my bike! I have no idea where it came from but must have been taken in Brooklyn. The bike is a Behrens Pink Lady from 1959. So yes, it is German. I don't know which American distributors, if any, imported the bikes but I bought mine off eBay from a seller outside Philadelphia in the early 2000s. I have also seen a blue version from the same year (not sure what it is named). I actually live in Berlin now so was Googling the model to see if I could find another one and this image of myself came up! (The Pink Lady is in storage in BK right now...)

Back