When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pinstriping tips and tricks... let's hear what you've got

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So I picked up a Beugler pinstriping tool and some one shot paint this week on eBay. The tool arrived yesterday and I immediately put it to work on the front fender of my son's 1939 Elgin Special. Man does this thing work great. It is amazing. I was rushing, so it got a little messy, but I'm confident that I can get perfect results next time around. Here's a shot of what I picked up and the fender on the bike. Thanks for the good tip!

View attachment 845189

View attachment 845190

Good job, just practice and it will get easier...
Question, why the Lacquer thinner?

Makes sense.....
What are you using to thin?
I'm not thinning at all at this point. The Beugler tool works best with a creamy paint consistency. People who brush with 1 shot all seem to have their favorites for reducing from mineral spirits to turpentine to lacquer thinner depending on the individual and the application. I'm going to have to really dig in to find out more if I decide to try my hand at brushing.

One Shot paint......once you use it you'll say, " Oh my gosh, I'll never use anything else." It's expensive and I have painted whole bikes with it. For striping, there's nothing like it. No runs, no drips and goes on flat. I keep a small pile of "Q" tips near me. lightly dip in mineral spirits and very tightly twist cotton end with fingers to correct mishaps. The four bikes shown below I striped with One Shot. All the ivory on these bikes is #116 One Shot Ivory. The green on the Hawthorne is One Shot Process Green and #142 emerald green.. The entire bike[ fenders and frame ] on the red Roadmaster below is #108 marroon and #116 Ivory trim.
015.JPG

The red bike below is Rustoleum rattle can [ buffed out] with #116 ivory trim.
007.JPG

002.JPG

The green Hawthorne is Rustolem #7533 Safety Green and One shot trim.
IMG_2353 (3).JPG
The blue Hawthorne below is a partial paint job. [ Couldn't bear to repaint those fenders with the 1950's decals] The striping is One Shot white .
004.JPG

The Beugler pin striping tool is the best thing since canned beer. Takes about 15 seconds to do one side of a rim. The hardest thing is keeping the wheel free from gunk. Always thoroughly clean after use.

Back