When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pinstriping tips and tricks... let's hear what you've got

-

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
Howdy folks-

I've got an Elgin front fender that I painted up, but now I have to stripe it. I checked and Finesse doesn't make a comparable striping tape (which would need to be 1/32 | 1/4 | 1/32). So I'm hoping you folks have some tips and tricks to share. Any and all help is appreciated.

-Lester

BEUGLER STRIPER _De Luxe_ Pin Striping Tool _ eBay.htm
These tools work great.
IMG_0027.JPG

Your other options are striper's masking tape or a stripers dagger. Spend the dough for 1-shot striping paint. 1/4 pint will go a long way. It has the good stuff in it to a flow and adhere. Rumor has it there's lead in it.

Last edited:
These tools work great.View attachment 833974
Your other options are striper's masking tape or a stripers dagger. Spend the dough for 1-shot striping paint. 1/4 pint will go a long way. It has the good stuff in it to a flow and adhere. Rumor has it there's lead in it.

Awesome! I'll check this out.

-Lester

These tools work great. Spend the dough for 1-shot striping paint. 1/4 pint will go a long way. It has the good stuff in it to a flow and adhere. Rumor has it there's lead in it.

So I picked up a Beugler pinstriping tool and some one shot paint this week on eBay. The tool arrived yesterday and I immediately put it to work on the front fender of my son's 1939 Elgin Special. Man does this thing work great. It is amazing. I was rushing, so it got a little messy, but I'm confident that I can get perfect results next time around. Here's a shot of what I picked up and the fender on the bike. Thanks for the good tip!

IMG_5416.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

Back